After releasing five beta builds of watchOS 8.5, Apple has kicked-off the release candidate build watchOS 8.5. Not only watchOS 8.5 RC, but the release candidate is also out for iOS 15.4, tvOS 15.4, and macOS 12.3. These builds are packed with a bunch of new features and enhancements. Read along to know more about watchOS 8.5 release candidate update.
Apple plants the watchOS 8.5 RC with a 19T242 build number on the Apple Watch. The incremental upgrade for developers requires a small amount of data for downloading the update. The update is available for all Apple Watch models compatible with watchOS 8.
For those, who are not familiar with the release candidate. RC aka Release Candidate is the new naming for Apple’s Golden Master builds. It is a final build rolling first to the developers for final testing. It simply means that we’re close to the public build, usually, it will be available within a week or so.
Moving to the features and changes, then watchOS 8.5 is set to come with features such as the new 14 emoji characters, improvements, and more. Here’s the complete changelog coming with watchOS 8.5 RC build.
- Ability to authorize Apple TV purchases and subscriptions
- COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certification format
- Updates to irregular rhythm notifications designed to improve atrial fibrillation identification. Available in the United States, Chile, Hong Kong, South Africa, and many regions where the feature is availabe. To determine your version visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT213082
- Audio hints in Fitness+ provide you with audio commentary of visually demonstrated moves during workouts
How to install watchOS 8.5 RC
In case you’re a registered developer or a beta tester, then you can follow the below-listed steps to download watchOS 8.5 RC on your Apple Watch. Before heading over to the steps, make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest iOS 15.4 RC and iPadOS 15.4 RC.
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Once you tap the install button, it will download and install the newest update on your Apple Watch. Once the installation process is completed, the watch will automatically reboot to the latest watchOS 8.5 release candidate. Now you can also enjoy its latest feature before the stable release.
You May Also Like – Download iPad Air 5 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: