Last week, Apple seeded the first beta of upcoming watchOS 8.1 to the developers. Now the company has released watchOS 8.1 beta 2 for Apple Watch. We can expect that the latest beta build will bring improvements and fixes to the Apple Watch. Here you can check everything about watchOS 8.1 Beta 2 update.
Apple is sowing the new beta software on Apple Watch with 19R5551d version number. The second beta build weighs approx. 287MB of size, while the last aka the first beta was 350MB. Obviously, the update is available to the Apple Watch series 3 and latest models. If you’re a developer, then you can easily upgrade your Apple Watch to the new software.
In terms of features and changes, then there were no new features in the first beta of upcoming watchOS 8.1 and the second beta build is no different. As always, Apple did not mention anything new in the changelog of new dev beta. But still we can expect system improvements and bugs fixes with this update. Talking about the other changes, then Apple Watch owners can use features like Portrait Mode Watch face, Focus Mode, Breathe app gets a revamp in the form of Mindfulness, sleeping respiratory rate in Sleep, Fall detection for workouts, assistive touch, GIF support, and other from watchOS 8.
watchOS 8.1 Beta 2 Update
If you want to get access of the watchOS 8.1 beta 2, then make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest dev beta (iOS 15.1 beta 2 / iPadOS 15.1 beta 2). If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.1 beta 2 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.1 beta 2 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.1 Beta 2 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.1 developer beta 2 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – How to lock and unlock Apple Watch [Guide]
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: