Last week, Apple released watchOS 7.2 Release Candidate for the Apple Watch. Today, Apple seeds the final build of watchOS 7.2 to the public with a flurry of new features. Apple Fitness+ support along with the new cardio fitness notifications are now available on the Apple Watch. You can simply update your Apple Watch to the watchOS 7.2 public to get access to the new features. Here’s everything you need to know about watchOS 7.2 Update.
watchOS 7.2 Public Update bag 18S563 and 18S564 build numbers respectively. The final build measures around 286MB of download size. Obviously, this release is compatible with the Apple Watch Series 3 and later models. It’s one of the biggest updates for the Apple Watch, any Watch user can update to the newer build freely and taste the new features.
Apple Fitness+ is one of the stand-out features of the watchOS 7.2 Public Update, the subscription is available for users in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States. The fitness experience is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. Apple also bring ECG app support on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Taiwan. Here you can check the complete changelog aka release notes.
watchOS 7.2 Update – What’s New
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown.
- Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States.
The update also includes the following features and improvements.
- Option to be notified when your Cardio fitness is at a low level.
- Ability to review your Cardio fitness level.
- Atrial fibrillation classification at heart rates above 100 BPM now offered in the ECG app in most regions where the app is available.
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Taiwan.
- Support for braille displays with VoiceOver.
- Support for Family Setup in Bahrain, Canada, Norway, and Spain (Cellular models of Apple Watch Series 4 or later and Apple Watch SE).
Download watchOS 7.2 Update
As always, if you want to update your Apple Watch to the watchOS 7.2 final build, then make sure to update your iPhone to the latest iOS 14.3 update or iPadOS 14.3 update. If your iPhone is running on the newer build, then you can simply follow the below steps to get the access to the new features.
Note: You’ll not lose any data if you update your Apple Watch through the airborne update (aka OTA).
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.
How to Install watchOS 7.2 Update on Apple Watch
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
That’s it. Now you can start using your Apple Watch running on watchOS 7.2 update.
You May Also Like – Download macOS Big Sur Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave your comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends on your favorite social media platform.
More Related Articles: