Two days ago, Apple had released release candidate of watchOS 7.1. Now, Apple starts seeding the watchOS 7.1 update to the public. With this, Apple Watch gets a flurry of useful features. Here’s everything you need to know about watchOS 7.1 public update.
watchOS 7.1 stable update goes live with 18R590 and measures 390MB of download size. Obviously, this release is compatible with the Apple Watch Series 3 only.
Talking about the changes, then the public release of watchOS 7.1 pops up the Apple Watch with a new headphone level feature, which notify the user when the loud headphone volume could impact their ears. Other than that, it brings ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notification in the Republic of Korea and Russia. Not only this, but it also bring improvements to the system.
Here you can check the complete changelog before downloading the update.
- Adds the ability to be notified when your headphone audio level could impact your hearing
- Adds support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in the Republic of Korea and Russia
- Adds support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in the Republic of Korea and Russia
- Resolves an issue that prevented some users from unlocking Mac with Apple Watch
- Fixes an issue where the screen may be dark on wrist raise for some Apple Watch Series 6 users
Before taking any more time, let’s dive right into the process to update the Apple Watch to watchOS 7.1 Update
Download watchOS 7.1 Update
To download watchOS 7.1 public update, make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 14.2 or iPadOS 14.2. If your device is running on the newest stable build, then you can easily sideload the watchOS 7.1 on your Apple Watch, here’s how.
Note: You’ll not lose any data if you update your Apple Watch through the airborne update (aka OTA).
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.
How to Install watchOS 7.1 Update on Apple Watch
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
That’s it. Now you can start using your Apple Watch running on watchOS 7.1 update.
You May Also Like – Download iOS 14.2 beta 4 Wallpapers
Want to know how to measure blood oxygen level on Apple Watch? Check out our story.
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave your comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends on your favorite social media platform.
More Related Articles: