Earlier this month, Apple initially started testing the next iteration of iOS 15 on the iPhone, the later build is set to come with iOS 15.5 version number. Last week, we’ve seen the second beta of the upcoming iOS 15.5. Today, Apple seeds the third beta of iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 to developers. Apart from that, Apple released the third beta of macOS 12.4, watchOS 8.6, and tvOS 15.5. Read along to know more details on iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 beta 3.
Apple is seeding the third beta of iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 with a 19F5062g build number. It is a big upgrade compared to the second beta build, the second beta was measured around 584MB in size, while today’s build weighs approx. 647MB of data for downloading. Apple has already announced the date of WWDC 22. This means Apple will start testing the iOS 16 and so iOS 15.5 could be the last major update of iOS 15. The iOS 15.5 is expected to go public in the last week of May.
Since it is the last upgrade in the iOS 15 generation, it may not include new features but instead bug fixes and improvements. If you’re a developer you can freely upgrade your iPhone or iPad to iOS 15.5 or iPadOS 15.5 beta 3. The upgrade is available for all iPhones and iPads running iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
Moving to the features and changes, then the iOS 15.5 Beta 3 comes with bug fixes and improvements. We did not find any new features yet on this build. But once we find it, we will share it here. If you have found new changes and features, let us know of them in the comment section.
The new beta updates are live for the developers. But soon it will be available to public beta testers as well. If you have installed the beta profile or using the first beta then you will get the OTA update on your phone. If you are on a public stable build and want to test beta 3, then you need to install a beta profile.
How to get iOS 15.5 Beta 3 & iPadOS 15.5 Beta 3
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.5 Beta 3 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.5 Beta 3 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.5 Beta 3 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.