Today, Apple announced the release candidate build for the upcoming iPad software – iPadOS 16.4. The update comes alongside the new release candidate of iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS. Release Candidate (RC) is the new name for Apple’s Golden Master, Yes, it is the final build rolling out the testers first and later will be released to everyone as a public update.
Apple plants the new firmware on the iPad with the 20E246 build number. The release candidate requires a huge chunk of data for downloading, it weighs 4.85GB in size on the M1 iPad Air. Talking about public availability, then you can expect a public rollout next week or as early as the end of this week.
iPadOS 16.4 is an incremental upgrade rolling with a number of changes, including 21 new emojis, Apple Pencil hover adds tilt and azimuth support for iPad Pro 11-inch (4th gen) and 12.9-inch (6th gen), Web apps notifications addition to home screen, Duplicate album in Photos expand support to iCloud Shared Photo Library, VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app, and Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light are detected.
Apart from these new additions, the update addresses a few issues, here’s the complete list of changes coming with the new iPadOS 16.4.
- 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in emoji keyboard
- Apple Pencil hover adds tilt and azimuth support so you can preview your mark at any angle before you make it in Notes and supported apps on iPad Pro 11-inch (4th generation) and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation)
- Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
- Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- Fixes an issue with Apple Pencil responsiveness that may occur while drawing or writing in the Notes app
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
If you want to update your iPad to iPadOS 16.4 RC then you need to install the beta profile if it’s not already installed. If the beta profile is installed you can go to Settings > General > Software Update. And once the update is available tap Download and Install.
Before installing the update make sure to backup important data and charge your phone to at least 50%.
- 16 Stunning Aesthetics Wallpapers for iPad
- What Does Offload App Mean and How to use it on iPhone and iPad?
- How to turn off Apple TV and Apple Watch Keyboard Notification on iPhone and iPad
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to iPad [All Models]
- How to Customize iPad Home Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Sideload apps on iPhone and iPad [Easy Guide]