The wait is finally over, Apple has just dropped the much-awaited first public beta of iPadOS 17. Yes, you can finally try out the more stable version of iPadOS 17 on your iPad. The new operating system brings a slew of visual changes to the iPad along with system-wide enhancements. Read along to know more details about the iPadOS 17 public beta.
Apple is pushing the first public beta with 21A5277j build number. As it is a major upgrade, it weighs a whopping 5.97GB in download size. In terms of availability, then you must have any of the below-mentioned iPads.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
If you own any of the above-listed iPads then you can easily update your iPad to the iPadOS 17 public beta. Although it is important to note that the iPadOS 17 public beta is still in its beta stage, which means there may be some bugs or issues that you could encounter during your usage.
Talking about the features and changes, then iPadOS 17 brings lock screen customization, interactive widgets, better compatibility for PDFs, updated Messages app, new wallpapers, and much more. You can navigate to this page to know more about the iPadOS 17.
iPadOS 17 Public Beta
If your iPad is running on the iPadOS 16 and you want to try out the features then you can follow these steps to get the iPadOS 17 public beta:
- Open the Settings on your iPad.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and select iPadOS 17 Public Beta option.
- Go back and download the public beta of iPadOS 17.
- That’s it.
I suggest you to take a backup of important data before installing the public beta build on your iPad. Also, make sure that your iPad is charged at least 50%.