The testing is finally over for the incremental watchOS 9.5 upgrade! Apple has just released the release candidate of watchOS 9.5 for developers. Along with the watchOS 9.5, the company releases a new build to iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and macOS. If you are a tester, then you can upgrade your Apple Watch to the newest RC build.
Apple kicks off the incremental build with the 20T562 version number, which weighs around 198MB in size. For unawares, Apple tests the upcoming upgrade by pushing release candidates to the developers. This is the final build, indeed, the same will be released to the public most probably by the next week.
Talking about the changes, then Apple releases the new watchOS 9.5 with new features, bug fixes, and a new Pride Celebration watch face to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture. Apple didn’t mention any details about the new features and bugs in the changelog this time. Here’s the complete changelog of watchOS 9.5 release candidate.
- watchOS 9.5 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including a new Pride Celebration watch face to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture.
If your iPhone is running on iOS 16.5 release candidate then you can upgrade your Apple Watch to the watchOS 9.5 release candidate. If your Apple Watch is already running on watchOS 9.5 beta, then you will receive the release candidate build over the air. Here’s how you can update your watch to the release candidate.
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- Charge your Apple Watch to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi for internet connection.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 16.
Once you tap the install button, it will download and install the newest update on your Apple Watch. Once the installation process is completed, the watch will automatically reboot to the latest watchOS 9.5 release candidate.
If you still want to know anything, then you can leave a comment in the comment box.