Asus has started testing Android 10 update on its mid-range ZenFone 5. In late 2019, The company kicked off the stable Android 10 update for ZenFone 6Z and ZenFone 5Z. Now, it is available for the older ZenFone 5 as a beta version. The best thing about the update is that this is an AOSP-based update instead of ZenUI. Talking about the changes, then the update brings the newest version of the monthly security patch alongside with all essential features of Android 10. Here you can Download Asus ZenFone 5 Android 10 Beta Update [FOTA zip].
If you want to taste the features of AOSP-based based Android 10 (which is very close to the stock Android) features on your ZenFone 5. Then, you can now update your device to the latest beta version. Luckily, the FOTA zip is available to download and sideloading. If you’ve signed up for the beta program, then the update may arrive over-the-air. The update knocks up ZenFone 5 with March 2020 security patch.
Talking about the new features, then Android 10 Update for ZenFone 5 comes with features like system-wide dark theme, full-screen gesture navigation, advanced settings for brightness in the quick settings panel, system improvements and all basic features of Android 10. The update bags V17.0615.2003.20 software version number and weigh between 1.4GB to 1.5GB in size. The complete changelog of the update is not available yet.
Download ZenFone 5 Android 10 Update [Beta]
Before downloading the update, make sure to check the current software version of your smartphone. Make sure that your device is running on the V16.0615.2002.120 version. Yes, you can only update your ZenFone 5 to Android 10 if it is running on V16.0615.2002.120. If everything is ok, then you can download the FOTA zip from the below-mentioned download link.
- Download Android 10 Update for ZenFone 5 (V17.0615.2003.20)
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Asus ZenFone 5 to Android 10
- First, download the update package if not downloaded.
- Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
- Once done, turn off your smartphone.
- After reboot, your phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update your smartphone.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, reboot your smartphone.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your smartphone running on AOSP-based Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy A71 5G Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries regarding the update, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article on social media.
More Related Articles:
- Best Nova Launcher Themes & Setups
- Download Samsung Galaxy A41 Wallpapers
- How to Enable Dark Mode on any Android