Nubia X is a beautiful dual screen phone. It was launched last year with Android 8.1 Oreo OS out of the box. But now the Android Pie for Nubia X is available and can be updated manually. So here you can Download Nubia X Android Pie update and install it manually. It is a trial upgrade so you have to manually update the device with Android 9 Pie ROM for Nubia X (NX616J) which you can download below.
Remember that the update will not roll out an OTA update so follow the method mentioned in this guide to update your phone. Nubia X is one of the Nubia’s premium product and this is at least they can do, considering the Android Q first build release is it too late to get Android Pie? Let us know in the comment section. The update does not contain Nubia’s own UI instead it comes with JOS UI which is specially designed for dual screen phone.
The Android 9 Pie Beta update for Nubia X comes with some changes and optimizations which will improve the user experience. We can expect the stable Android Pie update for Nubia X to arrive soon via OTA update. But if you want to experience Android Pie on Nubia X right away then try this beta update.
The update comes with Android Pie goodies such as Adaptive brightness and latest security patch (month not mentioned). You can also enable Digital Wellbeing on your Android Pie phone (Follow this guide) to track battery usage and performance. The update size is around 2.6GB which can be installed manually. MD5 code of the update is listed 66DD854D61C742326C01200E580E2952.
Nubia X Android Pie Beta – Changelogs
- Nubia X Officially upgraded to Android P-based JOS
- Optimization: system performance, improve overall fluency
- Optimization: system stability
- Optimization: update Android security patch
Smart Service Card:
- Added: “fast application” card, enjoy the native application performance experience
Third Party Application:
- Optimization: Some third party application stability
- Fix: Some Games (King Glory, Stimulating Battlefield) probabilistic flashback issues
This is not the whole list of changes, you will see some more changes in this Android Pie Beta update for Nubia X.
Download Nubia X Android Pie Beta (Update File)
As this is a beta version and so it will not roll out to devices as OTA update. You have to download the Android Pie Beta firmware for Nubia X and manually install it by following the steps mentions in the installation section. We don’t have any news regarding the stable release of Android Pie update, but we think soon it will be hitting the devices. Till then you can use the Android Pie Beta, use the below link to download.
- Nubia X Android Pie Beta Update (V3.05)
After downloading the Android Pie update file follow the method below to install it on your Nubia X.
How to Install Android Pie Beta on Nubia X
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone (just in case)
- Download the update file from the above link
- Unroot your device if it is rooted
- Remove screen locks to ensure an easy upgrade
Steps to Install Nubia X Android Pie Beta
- Download the SD Card package (update file) and transfer to the phone.
- Open Settings on the Phone.
- Go to System Update and tap on the button on the top right corner.
- Select Local Upgrade.
- Now Locate the downloaded SD Card update package.
- Select the package and tap on Install Now.
- It will install the update and automatically reboot into system.
- After reboot, enjoy using Android Pie on Nubia X.
This method will not remove any data. So no need to set up the device after a reboot. But what if you want to roll back to the previous version.
To roll back to the previous version first take a full backup > Reset your phone > Download the full SD card package of that version. Then follow the same procedure as mentioned above to roll back to the older version.
So there you have it the guide to download Nubia X Android Pie Beta with its installation guide. I hope you found the guide helpful. If you have any issues on downloading and installing the update, then make sure to leave a comment below with your query. We will reply with the solution.