OnePlus delights OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9RT users with the stable OxygenOS 14 update on Christmas day. This update, based on Android 14, is initially rolling out to users who opted for the beta earlier, and it will soon be available to everyone in the coming days.
OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9RT, all released in 2021 with Android 11. This makes Android 14 the third major Android update for these three phones. The Android 14 update comes with the build number as mentioned below:
- OnePlus 9 – LE2111_188.8.131.52(EX01)
- OnePlus 9 Pro – LE2121_184.108.40.206(EX01)
- OnePlus 9RT – MT2111_220.127.116.11(EX01)
Now let’s talk about new features and changes. As you’d expect from a major update, Android 14 brings a bunch of new features to all three phones. And most of the features are same for each device. Here is the official changelog share by OnePlus in the community forum.
OnePlus 9 OxygenOS 14 Update Changelog
- Adds Fluid Cloud, a way of interaction with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices.
- Adds Content Extraction, a feature that can recognize and extract text and images from the screen with one tap.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
The Android 14 update for OnePlus 9 series is rolling out in India, and it should be available in other regions later. If you have any of these three phones, you can check for the update manually in Settings.
Before upgrading your phone, make sure to take backup of your phone and charge it to at least 50%.