Google has already made it official that Beta 5 will be the last major beta before the official Android 14 release which is expected to release next month. But Google will keep releasing incremental betas until the update is ready for all devices.
Today Google has released another Android 14 Beta 5 incremental update focused on bug fixes. This may be the last incremental beta before the final release. Yep, that’s my guess, so Google might release more incremental betas if there are other critical bugs.
The new incremental beta is majorly focused on bug fixes for latest devices from Google, Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet. There are a couple of fixes for other Pixel phones too.
Android 14 Beta 5.2 update for Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet come with build number UPB5.230623.006.A1 whereas for other Pixel phones, the update comes with build number UPB5.230623.006. Since it is an incremental update, the update weighs a lot less than main numbered betas.
Talking about changes, the latest update only comes with bug fixes. Here is the official changelog.
- Fixed various issues that sometimes caused devices to stall when rebooting.
- Fixed issues that could interrupt cellular connectivity for devices that utilize E-UTRAN New Radio – Dual Connectivity (ENDC) when those devices were connected through 5G NR low-band frequencies.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet devices that caused the fingerprint sensor to be unresponsive in some cases.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices that caused Perfetto trace data to be incomplete.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices with stuttering animations when viewing or tapping the notification for an ongoing call.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices that sometimes caused the system UI to crash after using the fingerprint sensor.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices that sometimes caused the screen to briefly flicker when unfolding the device.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Tablet devices that sometimes caused a colored bar to display or flicker after unlocking the device.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Tablet devices that caused the system to play incorrect sounds when docking or undocking the device.
Now if you own an eligible Pixel smartphone (Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, Pixel Fold, and Pixel Tablet) running on beta 5, then you can easily upgrade your Pixel smartphone to the incremental beta by navigating to the System Updates in Settings and then downloading the new beta.
You can also manually sideload the Android 14 beta on your Pixel phone using the OTA builds for manual installation from this page.
Before updating your phone, make sure to take a backup of important data and also charge your phone to at least 50%.
- How to Install Android 14 on Pixel Phones [3 Methods]
- List of Pixel phones eligible for Android 14
- 7 Best Material You Icon Packs for any Android
- 10 Best Keyboard Apps for Android to Install in 2023
- 8 Best Material You Widgets you can try on your Android Phone
- Best Android Launchers: Revamp your home screen with these launchers