This week a handful of Android phones received a taste of Android 13 via the developer preview program or beta program. But what about the Android tablets? Lenovo announced the Android 13 developer preview program for its tablet P12 Pro. Here you can check everything about the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview Program.
Before moving ahead, Lenovo Tab P12 Pro was launched last November with Android 11 OS, within a few weeks of its announcement, Lenovo started testing Android 12L via the beta program. The company had already released two beta builds of Android 12L. As the Android 13 beta 1 goes live for the Tab P12 Pro, we can expect a stable rollout soon.
As per the details shared by Lenovo, the program is live for the WiFi variant of Tab P12 Pro with the Lenovo TB-Q706F model number, and only the models that have been purchased from markets outside China. The Android 13 beta image will only be compatible with the WiFi variant available outside China. The first beta is not suitable for daily use, you can wait for a few days for the more stable version of it through the second beta. Lenovo shared a list of knowns available in the first beta, check it out here.
- Fingerprint unlock is not supported.
- Face Unlock is not supported.
- TOF sensor related function is removed.
- Stylus key function is not supported but basic function works.
- Touchpad functions with two fingers are not supported.
- Touchpad swipe up/down/left/right with 3 or 4 fingers are not supported.
- Miracast function is not supported.
- Screen output via cable (extended screen) can be supported when <force desktop mode> is turned on in developer menu.
- Cast Via HDMI (extended screen) can be supported when <force desktop mode> is turned on in developer menu.
- VPN is not tested and may not work properly.
- WIDI is not supported.
- Video play may face audio issue.
- Settings may display abnormal sometimes, re-selecting or cleaning recent apps can make it work properly.
Moving to the features and changes, then the upgrade bags April 2022 security patch, improved multi-tasking, optimization for large screen elements, compatibility support, system UI optimizations, and more. If you own the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro and want to taste the Android 13 beta, then you can head over to Lenovo’s Developer portal and follow the steps to install the first beta.