Android 13 is currently in beta testing for Pixel phones. The second beta is expected to launch in a couple of days after the Google I/O event. During the event, many other brands will partner with Google to release developer previews for their phones. Sharp has already announced that the Android 13 Developer Preview for AQUOS Sense6 is now available. Sharp Aquos sense 6 is the latest flagship from Sharp.
And with this release, Sharp has become the first smartphone brand to release the Android 13 Developer Preview. Google doesn’t count because it’s the original developer of Android so Pixel phones get updates first. Soon after the Google I/O event, other brands will also reveal the first Android 13 developer preview for their phones.
The Android 13 Developer Preview for AQUOS Sense 6 is the very first build and so there can be major bugs as well. Talking about changes, we are not expecting a big round of changes, the reason is the same, it is the first build for the flagship AQUOS Sense 6 phone. Sharp is also calling it the first beta.
Sharp has mentioned that the Android 13 Developer Preview for AQUOS Sense6 is intended for application development use and not for daily driver use. And so the first developer preview build could be a lot different than the stable version that will be released later this year. Make sure you are aware of this before upgrading to Android 13 Developer Preview. Also, check the known issues before updating.
- No sound is output when connecting to Bluetooth earphones.
- Fingerprint cannot be registered.
How to Install Android 13 Preview on Aquos Sense 6
If you are an AQUOS Sense 6 user and want to try the latest Android 13 Developer Preview build then you can simply follow the steps given below.
- Upgrade your phone to the build number 02.00.00 or newer. You can check for the build number in Device Information. Also, make sure your phone is connected to the Internet.
- Take a full backup of your phone and free enough storage in your phone.
- Download JoinDeveloperPreviewProgram apk on your phone and install it. If it asks to allow installation from unknown sources, enable it.
- Tap on three dots and select Load and select the update. The installation will now begin.
- After the complete installation of Android 13 Developer Preview, click on Reboot.
- Wait for the reboot and enjoy Android 13 on your AQUOS Sense 6.
So that’s all you have to do for installing the first Android 13 developer preview on your Sharp Aquos Sense6. If you have already updated your phone to the developer preview, let us know your experience. And if you own the latest flagship from another brand, wait for a couple of days and you will also get to join the program.
- Download and Install Android 13 Beta GSI on any Android Phone
- Download Android 13 Beta for Pixel Phones
- How to Mirror your Android or PC to Sharp Smart TV [Guide]