The second beta of Android 12 QPR3 is here. QPR is the quarterly platform release with features coming to Pixel phones in the form of a feature drop. In the last week of March Google released a minor fix to the first beta of Android 12 QPR3 as QPR3 Beta 1.1. But earlier it was only available for the Pixel 6 series. And now with the second beta comes the Android 12 QPR3 beta for all eligible Pixel phones.
The Android 12 QPR3 Beta 2 comes with build number S3B1.220318.003. It brings several fixes and improvements along with April 2022 Android Security Patch. We will move to release notes soon. But before that, you should know that it may have stability, battery, and performance issues. Google has also shared another advisory that you can check below.
Android 12 QPR beta builds are not Compatibility Test Suite (CTS)- approved, but they have passed preliminary testing. Apps that depend on CTS-approved builds or use SafetyNet APIs might not work normally on Android 12 QPR beta builds.
Coming to fixes, the Android 12 QPR3 Beta 2 fixes noise during phone calls. There are a few more fixes that you can check next.
Android 12 QPR3 Beta 2 Resolved Issues
- Fixed issues that caused a high pitch noise during phone calls on some devices. (Issue #224716473)
- Fixed an issue that caused the bottom of the Google Maps UI to be cut off at the bottom of the screen on some devices. (Issue #223688137)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Google Messages app to fail to send a message that was sourced by scanning a QR code.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Google Phone app to crash after using the back gesture while searching.
If you are already using the Android 12 QPR3 Beta on your Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro, then you will get the OTA update soon if you haven’t already. So if you have a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro and haven’t received the update then check it manually from Settings. And once the update is available click on Download and Install. If you have other eligible phones (Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a) and have opted for beta then you will receive the update on your Pixel phone. If you haven’t you can use this link to apply for the beta.
Download Android 12 QPR3 Beta 2 for Pixel Phones
|Device||Factory Image||OTA Image|
|Pixel 4 XL||Download||Download|
|Pixel 4a 5G||Download||Download|
|Pixel 6 Pro||Download||Download|
You can use Android Flash Tool to install factory images. And you can also apply the OTA image directly from Settings if already on the first beta of Android 12 QPR3.
- Pixel 6a retail box leaked that reveals Pixel 6 like design
- How to Get Battery Indicator around Camera on Pixel 6 (Pro)
- How to Root Google Pixel 6 Pro and Unlock Bootloader