A few weeks ago, Google released the first beta of Android 12 QPR3. This is a quarterly platform release that is a beta for features that will be available with the next Pixel Drop update. But as this was the first beta, there are some bugs, mainly in the Pixel 6 series. So to fix or patch those issues, Google pushed out Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1.1, an incremental beta update for Pixel 6 phones.
Some of the major bugs introduced on Google Pixel 6 with Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1 are bad sound quality, fast battery drain, and more. Luckily Google releases a new small beta update that addresses existing bugs from Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1. This is an update only for the Pixel 6 series so other Pixel phones running Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1 will not be getting this update.
The Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1.1 for Pixel 6 phones comes with build number S3B1.220218.006. As we mentioned earlier, it is an update only for bug fixes, so don’t expect any new feature in the Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1.1 update. Below you can see the full changelog of the update.
Google Pixel 6 Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1.1 Changelog
Android 12 QPR3 Beta 1.1 includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed some issues that caused excessive battery drain.
- Improved call quality related to issues like Issue #224716473 that caused a high pitch noise during phone calls on some devices. Although we’re still investigating the root cause of this and similar issues, we’re planning additional improvements for future beta releases.
If you are already using the Android 12 QPR3 Beta on your Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro, then you will get the OTA update soon if you haven’t already. So if you have a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro and haven’t received the update then check it manually from Settings. And once the update is available click on Download and Install.
Soon we could see the second beta of Android 12 QPR3 for all the eligible Pixel phones. The list includes Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, and Pixel 6 Pro. And then we will have more ideas about upcoming Pixel drop features.
Download Android 12 QPR3 1.1 for Pixel 6 Series
You can use Android Flash Tool to install factory images. And you can also apply the OTA image directly from Settings if already on the first beta of Android 12 QPR3.
- Pixel 6a design revealed through leaked renders
- How to Get Battery Indicator around Camera on Pixel 6 (Pro)
- How to Root Google Pixel 6 Pro and Unlock Bootloader