Samsung has already rolled out the Android 12 update to more than half of eligible Samsung phones. And remaining devices are also getting updates from time to time. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE is the latest Samsung phone to get the Android 12 update. Like the S21 FE, the Tab S7 FE is also an affordable version of the Tab S7 series. Here you will get to know everything about Android 12 for Galaxy Tab S7 FE.
Update 1: The Android 12 update for Galaxy Tab S7 FE comes with One UI 4.1 update. The update is now available in Asia, South Korea, and Europe.
Samsung released the FE variant of the Galaxy Tab S7 in June last year. The tablet was released with Android 11 based One UI 3.1.1 out of the box. Since its launch, it has picked up several security patch updates and features like RAM Plus. But the device has not received any major updates so far. And so Android 12 is the first major update for the Tab S7 FE. The update is based on One UI 4.1.
Android 12 update for Galaxy Tab S7 FE is currently rolling out in the UK (now available in South Korea as well with build version T736NKOU1BVC2). And the update in UK comes with firmware build T736BXXU1BVC2. The update is expected to be available soon in other regions. Since this is a major update, the update weighs more. Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12 update brings the February 2022 Android security patch.
Talking about new features, the update comes with Android 12 features as well as One UI 4.1 features. New features include new widgets, very smooth animations while opening and closing of apps, overhauled quick panel, automatic dark mode for wallpapers, icons, and illustrations, new charging animation, and much more. The Android 12 also comes with updated stock apps like Bixby, Bixby Routines, My Files, Samsung Gallery, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Keyboard.
At the time of writing, the update changelog is not available to us, you can head over to this page to check One UI 4 changelog. We will include the changelog once its available.
Galaxy Tab S7 FE One UI 4.1 Update – Changelog
One UI 4.1 brings you a wide array of new features and enhancements for your Galaxy devices. More intuitive, more fun, more secure, and easier than ever.
- Customize your tablet with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your colors will be applied to menus, buttons, backgrounds, and apps throughout your tablet.
- One UI 4.1 offers strong privacy protection to make sure your personal information doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Permission info at a glance: See when each app accesses sensitive permissions such as Location, Camera, or Microphone in Permission usage. You can deny permissions for any apps you don’t feel comfortable with.
- Camera and microphone indicators: Keep prying eyes and ears away. A green dot will appear in the upper right corner of the screen when any app is using the camera or microphone. You can also use quick panel controls to temporarily block all apps from using the microphone.
- Approximate location: Keep your exact location private. You can set apps that don’t need to know exactly where you are to only have access your general area.
- Clipboard protection: Keep your passwords, credit card numbers, and other sensitive information safe. You can choose to receive an alert whenever an app accesses content copied to the clipboard in another app.
More than just typing, Samsung Keyboard is all about expressing yourself and having fun.
- Quick access to GIFs, emojis, and stickers: Self-expression is a tap away. Get to your emojis, GIFs, and stickers directly from the keyboard with a single button.
- Animated emoji pairs: Can’t find the right emoji? Combine two emojis together, then add an animation to really get your feelings across.
- Even more stickers: Spice up your conversations with a variety of new animated stickers available to download.
- Writing assistant: Keep your grammar and spelling on point with the new Writing assistant, powered by Grammarly (English only).
- More widely available keyboard options: Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
It all starts on the Home screen, where your favorite apps and features are just a tap away. One UI 4.1 helps you keep your home screen looking its best all the time.
- New widget design: Widgets have been redesigned to look better than ever, with info that’s easy to see at a glance and a more consistent style.
- Easier widget selection: Having trouble finding the right widget? You can now quickly scroll through the widget list to see what’s available from each app. You’ll also get recommendations for useful widgets to try out.
Use widgets to handle quick tasks without unlocking your tablet, whether it’s controlling your music, checking your schedule, or capturing your best ideas.
- Listen where you want: Switch audio output from buds to speakers to your tablet, all from the Lock screen.
- Voice recording: Got a great idea? Record a voice memo without unlocking your tablet.
- Calendar and schedule at once: Check today’s schedule along with your calendar for the rest of the month on the Lock screen.
Enjoy a simpler layout while you take pictures and videos. The scene optimizer button only appears in Photo mode if there’s low light or you’re scanning a document.
- Lens and zoom: Lens icons show the magnification level, so you know how much you’re zoomed in.
- Video that never misses a moment: Recording starts immediately after you tap the Record button, instead of when you release it, so that you catch those precious moments before they’re gone. In Photo mode, you can touch and hold the Shutter button to start recording a quick video, then drag your finger to the Lock icon to continue recording without holding down the Shutter.
- Enhanced scanning: Scan documents, then tap the magnifying glass to zoom in and edit them immediately. You can also do more after scanning QR codes, like calling or emailing someone instead of just adding their contact info to your tablet.
Whether you’ve got thousands of pictures and videos or just a few treasured moments, Gallery makes it easier to find what you need and keep your collection organized.
- Enhanced stories: See your stories come to life with highlight videos that are created automatically. Just tap the preview at the top of each story to watch. You can also explore where the pictures in your stories were taken in the new Map view.
- Easier albums: Sort through albums more easily—even if they’ve got tons of pictures. In fact, you can sort albums by how many pictures and videos they contain so that your favorite and most used albums are always at the top of the list. A cover image also appears at the top of the screen when you view an album to give you a better feel for what the album contains.
- Worry-free remastering: Revert remastered pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never have to worry about losing the original.
- More control over information: Change or remove the date, time, and location of your pictures to correct it or keep it private. You can also select several pictures and edit their information at once.
Photo and video editor
Sometimes your photos and videos need a few tweaks. One UI’s Photo and Video editors are there to make your pictures look their best before you share them.
- Emojis and stickers: Use an emoji to cover the face of a shy friend or add stickers to create fun pictures and videos.
- Video collages: Make moving collages that include pictures, videos, or a combination of both. Pick out the perfect moments and create your masterpiece.
- Never lose the original: Get bold with your editing! You can now revert both pictures and videos back to their original versions after they’re saved, or save them as copies to keep both the original and edited versions.
- Paste from one picture to another: Experiment with mixing and matching faces, pets, buildings, and more. You can cut any object out of one picture and paste it into a different one.
- Lighting control: Picture too dark because of bad lighting? The new Light balance feature helps you pull out all the details to make it look great.
- Highlight reels: Easily turn a set of pictures and videos into a beautiful movie. Just choose a theme, and the AI will add the music and transitions automatically.
One UI helps you stay connected and share your experiences with others. Just tap the Share button in any app.
- More customization: Make sharing your own. You can customize the list of apps that appear when you share content to keep the clutter away and focus only on the apps you use regularly.
- Easier navigation: New layout and better navigation makes sharing a breeze. Swipe left or right to scroll through apps and contacts when you’re sharing.
One UI 4.1 makes it even easier to keep your busy life organized.
- Check your schedule on the Home screen: A new widget shows your schedule for the day along with a full calendar for the month.
- Quick add events: Need to add something to your calendar in a hurry? Just enter a title and you’re done.
- More search options: You’ve got more ways than ever to find your calendar events. Choose from recent search keywords or filter by color or sticker.
- Share with others: Sometimes you need to keep others in the loop. It’s now easier to share your calendars with other Galaxy users.
- Easier date and time selection: Setting event details is a breeze with separate date and time options.
- Recover deleted events: Events you delete will stay in the Trash for 30 days so you can get them back if you need them.
One UI’s fast and secure web browser now makes it even easier to find the webpages you’re looking for and protect your privacy.
- Search suggestions: Get more search suggestions when you enter text in the address bar. Results will appear with an all new design.
- Search from the Home screen: The new search widget helps you find what you’re looking for, right from the Home screen.
- Start in Secret mode: To protect your privacy, Samsung Internet will automatically start in Secret mode if you were using Secret mode during your last browsing session.
See your tablet’s performance, security, and battery life at a glance, solve problems quickly, and get deep diagnostics for more complex issues.
- Battery and security at a glance: Battery and security issues will appear right on the main screen so you can solve problems more quickly.
- Understand your tablet’s overall status: Your tablet’s overall status is shown as an emoji, so you can understand instantly.
- Diagnostic checks: Now you can get right to Samsung Members diagnostics from Device Care. If something seems wrong with your tablet, try the diagnostic tests to find out what the problem is and get suggestions for solving it.
Make your tablet do more for you. Turn on Wi-Fi automatically when you come home, or set your tablet to silent when you’re at work. One UI 4.1 gives you even more possibilities.
- More conditions: More conditions are available for your routines. Start a routine during a call or when a certain notification arrives.
- More actions: You can now turn on Enhanced processing with a routine. There are also more options such as connecting and disconnecting Bluetooth devices.
- More control: Reorder actions by touching and holding actions on the edit page. Advanced options have also been added to let you wait before an action starts, confirm actions, and more.
- More combinations: We’ve removed restrictions for some combinations of conditions and actions so you can do even more with your routines.
- More customization: Create custom icons for your routines using the Camera or an image from Gallery.
One UI is designed for everyone. In One UI 4.1, you’ll get even more options to help you use your tablet in the way that’s most comfortable for you.
- Always there when you need it: Access accessibility features more quickly with a floating button that’s always available.
- Mouse gestures: Perform actions more quickly by moving your mouse pointer to one of the 4 corners of the screen.
- Adjust your screen at once: Adjust contrast and size at the same time with custom Display mode (High contrast or Large display).
- Eye comfort: More visibility options are available to meet your needs. You can reduce transparency or blur.
- Customizable flash notifications: Make the screen flash when you receive a notification. You customize colors for each app so you can easily determine where a notification is coming from.
- Easier magnification: Magnifier window has been merged with the new Magnification menu, giving you more options and more control for magnifying content on the screen.
- Extra dim screen: If your screen is too bright, even at the lowest brightness setting, turn on Extra dim for more comfortable reading in the dark.
More features and improvements
- Enhanced Dark mode: To keep you comfortable in the dark, Dark mode now automatically dims wallpapers and icons. Illustrations in Samsung apps now have Dark mode versions with darker colors for a more consistent experience that’s easier on your eyes.
- Charging info at a glance: When you start charging, different visual effects let you know your charging speed more intuitively.
- Easier brightness control: A bigger brightness bar in the quick panel makes it easier to change screen brightness with a swipe.
- Tips preview videos: Learn more about what your Galaxy can do with preview videos on the main screen of the Tips app.
- Safety and emergency menu: The new Safety and emergency menu in Settings lets you manage your emergency contacts and safety information all in one place.
- Settings search enhancements: Improved search features help you find the settings you need, when you need them. You’ll get suggestions for related features depending on what you search for.
- Keep your eyes on the road: The new Driving monitor in Digital Wellbeing keeps track of when you use your phone while driving. You’ll get reports on how much you used your tablet and which apps you used.
- Skip an alarm just once: Feel like sleeping in? You can now turn off an alarm just for one occurrence. It will turn back on automatically after it’s skipped.
- Day or night at a glance: Have a friend on the other side of the world? It’s easier to see if it’s a good time to contact them. The dual clock widget now shows different background colors for each city depending on whether it’s day or night.
- Switch from texts to calls: Texting not cutting it? Tap the person’s name at the top of the conversation to see their details or start a voice or video call.
- More search results in Messages: Now you can search your messages for photos, videos, web links, and more. The results are all filtered so you can jump right to what you’re looking for.
- Easier search in My Files: Find the file you’re looking for, even if there’s a typo or the name doesn’t match exactly. The Recent files area has also been expanded to help you quickly locate files you’ve used or received recently.
- More complete desktop experience: More apps are resizable in Samsung DeX, so you can multitask and get more done throughout the day. You can also change the touchpad scrolling direction in DeX settings to match your personal preference.
- Resizable picture-in-picture: If a floating video is getting in the way, pinch your fingers together to make it smaller. Want to see more? Spread your fingers apart to make it bigger.
- Quick access to pop-up window options: For easier multitasking, you can pin the window options menu to the top of the window to make it easier to access.
- Game optimizing service: CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided.
Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 upgrade.
The Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12 update is currently available in the UK. And so if you are a Tab S7 FE user in the UK, you will receive the update. As usual, it is a batch roll out so it can take a few days to be available on all devices. If the update notification doesn’t work properly on your device then manually check for update from Settings > Software Update. Make sure to take a full backup of your phone and charge it to 50% at least.
If you want the update immediately, then you can also manually install the update using firmware. You can download the firmware from Frija tool, Samsung Firmware Downloader. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the Galaxy Tab S7 FE firmware to your device.
You May Also Like – Download iPhone SE 2022 Wallpapers [FHD+ Resolution]
If you’ve any queries, then let us know in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
- 10 Best Samsung Themes for your Galaxy Smartphone
- Download Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro Wallpapers in FHD (Official)
- Check out the Windows 11 Bloom Wallpaper designed for Winters