OnePlus is one of the OEMs that brings major Android updates to their devices right after the Android stable release. And this time also, OnePlus is preparing to release Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 9 Series soon. And they have gone a step further with the release of the second developer preview of Android 12 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. Yes, Android 12 Developer Preview is now available for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
The first Android 12 developer preview for the OnePlus 9 was released just after the Google I/O event where Google introduced the Android 12. But as it was the first developer preview there were only a few features of Android 12. And now with the second Android 12 developer preview, users will have more features to test.
As usual, they announced the new update in their official forum with the update log and other details. The new update is available with build 1090, so when downloading the file you can verify the link with the build. It brings new widgets, improved camera performance, and more. You can check the update log to know about new features.
OnePlus 9 Android 12 DP2 Update Log
- Optimized the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimized the mistouch prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental touches
- Added widgets that show key information of apps and provide instant access to functions
- Optimized the page layout and the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
Convenience & efficiency
- Added swiftly switch floated windows, make operation more convenient
- Optimized the frame rate performance under heavy-used scenes
- Added the feature that supported customize the display order of camera mode
- Optimized the zoom experience, make it zoom more smoothly
- Added the form of chart to display battery usage
- Newly supported pre-loading the apps that frequently used, to switch them on quickly
- Improved the response speed of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC
- The Camera does not support Xpan, and contains some stability issues
- This version does not support scrolling screenshot
- The icon of Bluetooth connection displays abnormally
- The icon of charging displays abnormally
- The Cloud Service is unavailable (India)
- The Camera app does not contain Hasselblad elements
- This version does not adapt some third-party apps
- The included Google Phone app does not feature call record functionality. This can be solved by updating the app in Play Store.
- Three-finger swipe down gesture or three-finger long-press gesture after using the screen recorder. This can be overcome by pressing Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously instead to screenshot.
Android 12 DP2 for OnePlus 9 (Pro)
The Android 12 developer preview 2 is available for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro in India and North America. So if you have one of these models from mentioned regions, then you are eligible for the new developer preview. Since it is still a developer preview, we don’t recommend installing it on your daily driver. If you want to test new features of the second developer preview, then you can easily install it with the local upgrade method. First, you need to download the latest ROMs for your device.
OnePlus 9 Android 12 DP2
OnePlus 9 Pro Android 12 DP2
Note: Installing developer preview will wipe all the data from your phone, so make sure to take a full backup. Also, charge your phone to at least 50%.
Install Android 12 DP2 on OnePlus 9 (Pro)
- Download the correct Android 12 DP2 ROM zip package from given links.
- Now copy the ROM package to your phone storage.
- Next go to Settings > System > System Updates. Click on the settings icon on top right corner and then click Local upgrade.
- Now choose the ROM package and it will start the update process.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart and enjoy the latest Android 12 developer preview 2.
In case you want to install the stable Android 11, then you can get rollback packages on the announcement page with downgrade steps.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.1 for OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave them in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: