It’s not even two weeks since the release of Android 12 DP 2.1 and Google is here with a new developer preview ‘Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2’. Google is releasing developer previews regularly since its announcement.
The latest software testing is going in the right direction as Google has fixed most of the major bugs. But there is a long way to go before we see the stable release. And till then we will see many new features and improvements.
The Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2 is an incremental update and part of Android 12 DP2. It comes with some bug fixes and performance improvement. It is a very small update and its main highlight is the latest April 2021 Security patch. Yes, with this developer preview you can update the security patch on your Pixel phone. Below you can find the DP2.2 changelog.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2 Changelog
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Settings app to crash when a user tried to access Bluetooth settings. (Issue #180962266)
- Fixed an issue that caused widgets to be removed from the home screen after a user installed an OTA update.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications to be sent about low Bluetooth call quality even when call quality was currently unaffected.
- Fixed an issue that caused WiFi network passwords to not be saved in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the notification shade to be activated when typing on the on-screen keyboard.
- Fixed an issue with Codec 2.0 that could cause apps to crash on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that could cause videos to be encoded incorrectly when shared.
The Android 12 DP 2.2 update is available for developers with build number SPP2.210219.018. It is available over the air to developers who are already using the Android 12 Developer Preview on their Pixel phones. The update is available for Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5. If you don’t get the latest Android 12 DP 2.2 notification, then you can manually check for the update by going to Settings > System > Software Update. You will find the latest update, click on the Download and Install button.
In case you are using the stable Android 11 build and want to try Android 12, then you need to manually install the update. You can follow our download and detailed guide to install Android 12 on Pixel phones.
To get the latest version of Android 12 immediately, check out this download article.
After downloading the latest Android 12 latest developer preview file, you can install it on your Pixel phone. And in case if you don’t know the process then you can check our installation guide.
Try the latest Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2 build and let us know your opinion on it. It is a minor update but an important update as it fixes bugs including vulnerability.