It’s almost two weeks since the release of Android 12 DP2. The second Android 12 developer preview was released with a bunch of new features. But as you know the developer preview is for testing purposes and so there can be some bugs. And to fix some major known bugs Google released a new minor update Android 12 developer preview 2.1 with WebView crashes fix. Here you will get to download Android 12 DP 2.1 along with new features in the new update.
We also received a similar update focused on bug fixes after the Android 12 Developer Preview 1. And now it looks like it is going to be a regular process for fixing bugs which we may also see after the next developer preview. The latest Developer Preview 2.1 comes with build number spp2.210219.008.
In the last Developer Preview 2 update, there was a major issue that many apps crashing that rely on the system WebView. If you use Android then you must have updated the system WebView multiple times which is used by apps like Gmail, Google, and more. If you are on the Android 12 Developer Preview 2 update and apps are crashing, then you can fix it by updating to the latest Android 12 DP 2.1.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1 Changelog
There are many other fixes that come with the latest Android 12 Developer Preview patch. The list is fairly big and you can check all the fixes and features in the given changelog.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the go back gesture from working in certain cases. (Issue #180932529)
- Fixed issues that users were having when using contactless payments through Google Pay. (Issue #180725322)
- Fixed an issue that caused text in the notification drawer to be difficult to read when rendering over the top of some apps. (Issue #180647015)
- Fixed an issue that caused java.lang.Deprecated to be marked as deprecated. (Issue #180705308)
- Fixed an issue that prevented apps that were targeting Android 12 from using version 2.7.0-alpha01 of WorkManager. The fix is included in version 2.7.0-alpha02. (Issue #180884673)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue with WebView that prevented developers from enabling or testing Schemeful Same-Site changes on Android 12.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading to Android 12 from a production build without wiping data could lose HID controls for previously-paired Bluetooth devices.
- Fixed an issue where videos that were shared from the Camera app could be sent using the wrong encoding.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the text for the clock widget on the Home screen to be cut off on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where empty pages on the Home screen were sometimes not removed.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent users from accessing the notification shade.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1 is available for supported Pixel phones. It includes Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5.
The update will be available over the air to users who are already using the Android 12 developer preview either DP1 or DP2. And if you don’t get the notification then check out from Settings > System > System Updates. But in case if you are on the stable build and want to try the latest Android 12 then you need to manually install the update on your Phone.
Download Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1
To manually install the latest Android 12 DP 2.1, you need to download the ROM for your Pixel phone. If you don’t know how to download the latest Android 12 DP 2.1 zip you can follow the links below.
|Pixel 3 XL||Download|
|Pixel 3a XL||Download|
|Pixel 4 XL||Download|
|Pixel 4a 5G||Download|
To get the latest version of Android 12 immediately, check out this download article.
After downloading the latest Android 12 latest developer preview file, you can install it on your Pixel phone. And in case if you don’t know the process then you can check our installation guide.
Try the latest Android 12 Developer Preview build and let us know your opinion on it. It is a minor update but an important update as it fixes bugs including vulnerability.