Android 12 is the next Android update which is already in beta testing for developers. About two weeks ago the first developer preview released for Google Pixel phones with some new features. And now the Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1 is here for Google Pixel phones with bug fixes and the latest Android patch. Here you will know everything about the latest Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1 update.
Android 12 might be the first Android update to come with a tweaked UI in many years. The first developer preview already revealed many features and changes that we mentioned in our previous Android 12 article. The main reason for the latest Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1 is to fix vulnerabilities with the new March Security Patch Update.
As you know Google follows the same method each year before stable rollout and Developer Preview is a part of it. After a few Android 12 developer previews, we will also get a public beta as well. As of now, it is only available for Google Pixel phones, but soon some popular OEM can release the Android 12 beta for their top phones.
Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1 – Changelog
The update comes with build number SPP1.210122.022 and it also brings the latest March 2021 Security patch. Google addresses many bug fixes in the latest Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1. Below you can check the full list of changes made in the latest Developer Preview update.
- Fixed an issue where on some devices, the device intermittently disconnected from Wi-Fi even when the Wi-Fi signal was strong.
- Fixed an issue where on some devices, the device displayed a “System UI keeps stopping” message if the user tried to take a screenshot by pressing Power + Volume Down from the Lock screen.
- Fixed an issue with partial wake locks that could cause excessive battery drain.
- Fixed an issue where a device’s fingerprint reader could become unresponsive when the device was suspended, requiring the user to unlock their device using another method.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings app could crash if the user tried to access app notification settings.
- Fixed an issue where the system UI could freeze after the user updated the device.
- Fixed an issue where the CellBroadcastReceiver app could not obtain the android.permission.BROADCAST_CLOSE_SYSTEM_DIALOGS permission, causing emergency alerts to crash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some devices to reboot intermittently.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some devices to reboot after the user unlocked the device using their PIN.
As it is a minor update you will not get to see many new features, and for that, you need to wait for the next major update. If your Pixel device runs on the first Android 12 Developer Preview then you can check for the latest update in Settings > System Update.
Download Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1 System Image
As you know Google also releases the system image files for users who want to update their Pixel phones manually. The latest Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1 System Images are now available for Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3 XL, and Pixel 3. And if you have any of these Google Pixel phones, then you can download images from the links given below.
|Pixel Device||OTA Zip||Factory Image|
|Google Pixel 3||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 3 XL||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 3a||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 3a XL||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 4||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 4 XL||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 4a||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 4a 5G||Download||Download|
|Google Pixel 5||Download||Download|
You can also find the download links for the first Android 12 Developer Preview here. After downloading you will face another challenge which is to install the Android 12 Developer Preview. It is quite easy if the Pixel device already runs a developer preview. But if not, we have a detailed guide for you where you can choose from a few different methods.
Try the latest Android 12 Developer Preview build and let us know your opinion on it. It is a minor update but an important update as it fixes bugs including vulnerability.