Two weeks ago, Google kicked off the fourth beta of Android 12 with a slew of small changes and improvements. Now the company seeds a new incremental update in the form of the Android 12 beta 4.1. The latest patch knocks up the Pixel phones with a list of bugs fixes including the boot loop fix, VPN, Face Unlock, and many more. Here you can explore everything on the Android 12 beta 4.1 update.
The incremental over-the-air update carries SPB4.210715.014 build number and weighs only 4.1MB size of OTA update. The monthly security patch is the same as the previous build. Yes, this build is based on August 2021 monthly security patch. Google has shared information about the newest beta on the Android Beta subreddit. As always, the beta first hits the Pixel line phones.
Moving to the changes and features, then Google addresses a number of fixes in this release. The Android 12 beta 4.1 update comes with these fixes – Bluetooth calling, VPN, volume controls during Cast, boot loop, Face Unlock working, and Nearby Devices permission. Here you can check the complete list of known issues.
Android 12 Beta 4.1 Update – Release Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused some devices to get stuck in a boot loop after restarting the device. (Issue #193789343)
- Fixed an issue where heads-up notifications were sometimes not shown, requiring the user to swipe into the notification drawer to view them. (Issue #196264672)
- Fixed an issue where the device volume controls sometimes did not work when casting. (Issue #196528545)
- Fixed an issue where Face Unlock did not work on some devices. (Issue #189819846)
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from granting the Nearby Devices permission to the Phone app in settings. Users who are experiencing a crash loop with the Phone app when trying to make a call over Bluetooth can now grant the required permission. To do this, long press the Phone app and tap App info, then go to Permissions > Nearby devices and select Allow. (Issue #196325588)
- Fixed an issue where, after connecting the phone to a VPN, the phone could not connect to the internet. (Issue #196237480)
Now let’s take a look at the compatible devices.
Android 12 Beta 4.1 Supported Devices:
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a 5G
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a 5G
If you are already using the Android 12 developer preview or Android 12 Beta, then you will get the OTA update directly on your Pixel phone. In case if you don’t get the notification for the update, you can check it manually. You can check for the update by going to Settings > System > Software Update. And then tap on download and install to get Android 12 beta 4.1 on your Pixel.
And if you want to switch from a Stable to Beta, then you can opt for Android Beta Program or flash the full Android 12 Beta 4.1 Factory Image.
More Related Articles: