Android 12 is the latest update which is currently under beta testing. And just Google has released the Android 12 Beta 2.1 to expel some of the existing bugs. The second Android 12 beta was released in the second week of this month with new features that were presented in the Google I/O event. And now Android 12 beta 2.1 is available with some bug fixes.
Google is right on schedule to deliver the Android 12 update to the public. But we have to wait for a couple of months. And in that interval, we also get to test the third & fourth Android 12 beta. Android 12 Beta 2.1 is a small incremental update only focused on bug fixes which are available on the main Android 12 Beta 2.
As you know this update is only for supported Pixels phones. So if you have another phone and want to try Android 12 beta then check out our GSI guide.
Android 12 Beta 2.1 Supported Devices:
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a 5G
- Pixel 5
As we mentioned earlier in this news article, the Android 12 Beta 2.1 is a small update and only brings fix for various bugs. If you want to know more about changes in this update, check out the changelog section.
Android 12 Beta 2.1 Changelog
This minor update to Android 12 Beta 2 includes various stability improvements as well as the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone.
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear until the phone was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard.
The Android 12 Beta 2.1 update comes with build version SPB2.210513.011. And similar to the main Android 12 Beta 2 update, it also comes with June 2021 security patch.
If you are already using the Android 12 developer preview or Android 12 Beta, then you will get the OTA update directly on your phone. In case if you don’t get the notification for the update, you can check it manually. You can check for the update by going to Settings > System > Software Update. And then tap on download and install to get Android 12 beta 2.1 on your Pixel.
And if you want to switch from a Stable to Beta, then you can opt for Android Beta Program or flash the full Android 12 Beta 2 Factory Image.
More Related Articles: