Nokia has started rolling out the Android 10 stable update for Nokia 6.1 Plus. The company is painstakingly working on providing new software updates to their phones. As per the roadmap, the Android 10 will arrive in Q1 of 2020, and the Nokia kept his promise and starts pushing Android 10 stable update for Nokia 6.1 Plus. The smartphone was launched in 2018 and ran on Android Oreo 8.1, now gets the taste of the latest Android version. Here’s the complete information about the Nokia 6.1 Plus Android 10 Update.
After releasing the update for Nokia 7.1, It lands on Nokia 6.1 Plus, which is one of the best selling smartphones by HMD Global. There are some users on twitter who have reported receiving Android 10 stable updates. For now, the OTA (over-the-air) update is currently hauling in India and will roll out to other regions in the coming days. It bumps up with the anticipated system-wide Dark Mode, which helps you in saving battery juice.
Talking about the update, then It brings smart reply, new navigation gestures, improved privacy and location controls, family link alongside with all the basic features of Android 10. The OTA weighs around 1.3GB in size and gains version number V4.10C. For now, the firmware (OTA) is not available to us, but we’ll link once it is available. Here’s the complete changelog.
Nokia 6.1 Plus Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Dark mode – Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply – Save more time with recommended replies
- Gesture navigation – Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location
- Google Security patch (2019-12)
Android 10 Update for Nokia 9 PureView [Stable OTA]
Android 10 Update is now available for Nokia 6.1 Plus. The OTA (over-the-air) update is currently in the rolling phase, will soon land on every unit. The update gains December 2019 security patch, while other companies already pushed the latest January 2020 security patch. For now, the firmware is now available. But, If you’re in a haste then, go to the settings, system updates, then check for the updates.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Connect your phone to WiFi with Internet (To avoid additional network charges)
- Take a full backup (just a precautionary step)
How to Update Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 10
By Sideload Method:
- First, download the Android 10 OTA from the above official link.
- Then copy the file in the root directory of phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Rename the file, by adding “-update” at the end of the file name. For example ND1-558K-0-00WW-B01-558J-0-00WW-B01-update.zip.
- Now open dialer app on your phone and dial *#*#874#*#* number.
- It will then prompt the update, tap on the confirm button.
- Then, click on install now and wait for the complete installation.
- That’s it.
Now your Nokia 6.1 Plus is running on Android 10 with all the working features. You can also try to update using ADB sideload method.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Nokia Phones
If you’ve any query in your mind then, let us know in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: