Samsung S9 & S9 plus reported that they are now receiving Android 10 Beta 2 update on their phones. The update just arrives when it was supposed to according to the timeline provided by Samsung. Users who are already in the Android 10 Beta 1 update will receive the OTA update. We also managed to get hands on OTA zip file for both S9 & S9+ updates. Here you can Download Samsung S9 & S9 Plus Android 10 Beta 2 Update (Firmware).
As the Beta 1 update, the Android 10 Beta 2 update also based on OneUI 2.0 which comes new features. While comparing Beta 1 and Beta 2 update, the latest one comes with fixed known bugs and a few new features. Samsung S9 and S9 Plus users from India are now receiving the update, and it is expected to be available soon in South Korea. If you are using Android 10 Beta 1 on your Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+, then Beta 2 update is important for you as it is going to fix major bugs.
The Android 10 Beta 2 update for Galaxy S9 & S9+ comes with software version G965FXXU7ZSL2/G965FOXM7ZSL2/G965FXXU7 and build number QP1A.190711.020.G960FXXU7ZSL2. It brings the latest December 2019 Security Patch. This is a small update, and it only weighs around 300MB but fixes a lot of important bugs. The Android 10 Beta 2 update reaching to phones over the air but in case you did not receive the update then you can update manually using OTA zip.
Samsung S9 & S9+ Android 10 Beta 2 Update – Changelog
- After releasing the fingerprint lock screen, the screen is intermittently blackened
- Data leak by GPS after OS update
- S Health step measurement error
- Hotspot speed slow to 1/10 after OS update
- Reboot when running AnyDesk app
- Can not enter security folder pattern
- The noise of the Bluetooth device is severe after OS update
- At the beginning of the Clash Royale game together, the mobile rebooted
- Sluggish issue due to memory leak
- Reboot every time VPN runs
- Sometimes no touch response when stopped
Download Android 10 Beta 2 Update for Samsung S9 & S9 Plus [Beta OTA Zip]
As the first Android 10 Beta 1 has some bugs including a few major bugs and Samsung did a great job by fixing those bugs in Android 10 Beta 2 Update. In case if you did not receive the update on your phone, then you can download update OTA zip file to update your device manually. These are the official files, and the method is also official. Use the below direct links to download OTA file for your phones.
- Download Samsung S9 Android 10 Beta 2 Update [OTA]
- Download Samsung S9+ Android 10 Beta 2 Update [OTA]
After downloading the OTA zip, you can proceed with installations. And if you are unaware of installing process, then follow the guide given below.
- Charge your device to at least 50%
- The Samsung S9 or S9+ must be running on Android 10 Beta 1
- Take a full backup of your phone [to restore if anything goes wrong]
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
How to Update Samsung S9 & S9 Plus to Android 10 Beta 2
By ADB Sideload Method:
- First, download the Android 10 Beta 2 OTA from the above official link.
- Then copy the file to your computer (C:\adb location) and rename the file to update.zip for convenience.
- Open Settings on your phone and turn on Developer Options.
- Then go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Now connect your device to the computer.
- In C:\adb press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Now enter the below command, and it will trigger request on your phone, accept it.
- Then enter the below command to install the update.
adb sideload update.zip
- After the update and restart you will have Android 10 Beta 2 installed on your phone.
- That’s all.
Enjoy the latest update and let us know in case of any queries.